People: Cynthia J. Mitchell, Partner
Cynthia J. Mitchell
Direct: (212) 218-3357
Fax: (917) 344-1336
J.D., New York Law School (2002)
magna cum laude
B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte (1998)
- New York
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Coalition of Women’s Initiatives in Law - New York Chapter, President, Regional Board of Directors, National Board of Directors
- Jumpstart, Tri-State Local Advisory Board
- Represented the purchaser in the purchase of a portfolio of approximately 170 health care facilities in 19 states, which also included negotiation of multiple layers of debt totaling over $1.1 billion in mortgage and mezzanine financing.
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition of approximately 260 health care facilities in over 20 states, which also included the negotiation of multiple layers of debt including a $1.2 billion dollar mortgage loan and $200 million dollar mezzanine loan.
- Represented the borrower in a $1,047 billion refinance loan secured by 197 health care facilities located in 23 states.
- Served as real estate counsel to the seller in an asset purchase sale that included 13 owned or leased long-term acute care hospitals located in multiple states for approximately $161 million.
- Represented the master tenant in the negotiation of a HUD Master Lease, covering four nursing facilities and the simultaneous subleasing of the four properties from the master tenant to the individual nursing home operators.
- Represented the owner and operator of nursing facilities in the $26 million sale-leaseback of two skilled nursing facilities.
- Represented the owner/operator in its purchase of vacant land, including due diligence, construction financing, development of a skilled nursing facility; and the sale-leaseback of the developed facility to a publically traded REIT.
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition, financing, and withdrawal from the Mitchell-Lama Housing Program of five apartment complexes in New York, with a loan value totaling over $300 million.
- Represented a sponsor in the conversion of a 1,257-unit Mitchell-Lama project into a condominium and the simultaneous sale of 825 units to tenants.
- Represented the landlord in negotiation of a restaurant lease for 50,000 square foot premises and negotiation of a sign lease agreement for two blade signs with a world renowned restaurant located in Times Square.
- Panelist, “Natural Born Rainmakers: Personality Traits that Close the Deal,” The New York Chapter of the Coalition of Women's Initiatives in Law,” New York, NY (October 24, 2016)
- Moderator, “Senior Living and Long-Care Asset Financing: A Look at Today and a View on Tomorrow,” CRE Financial Council, Washington, D.C. (April 27, 2016)
- Co-Author, "The ReaList - Volume 1, Edition 2," Newsletter, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (May 12, 2017)
- Co-Author, "The ReaList - Volume 1, Edition 1," Newsletter, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (April 12, 2017)
- Co-Author, “Market Analysis: Senior Living and Long-Term Care Asset Financing,” Senior Living & Long-Term Care Blog, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (May 18, 2016)
- Co-Author, "A Purchaser's Guide for Preparing a Closing Checklist in a Skilled Nursing Home Property Acquisition," Senior Living & Long-Term Care Blog, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (December 16, 2015)
- Co-Author, “Three Important Considerations when Purchasing a Property Improved with a Skilled Nursing Facility," Senior Living and Long-Term Care Blog, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (September 29, 2015)
- Author, “A Buyers’s Guide for Preparing a Closing Checklist in a Skilled Nursing Home Property Acquisition,” Property Lines, Seyfarth Shaw LLP's Real Estate Newsletter (June 2014)
- Co-Author, “Code Blue - CPR in Unlicensed Senior Housing: What’s a Provider to Do?,” One Minute Memo, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (March 11, 2013)
- Next Generation Attorney, Real Estate (Nationwide), Legal 500 USA (2017)
- Recognized Attorney, Real Estate (Nationwide), Legal 500 USA (2014)