Immigration Data & Reporting Specialist
Our Team and Our Focus on Technology:
Seyfarth Shaw LLP, a law firm of more than 800 attorneys in the U.S. and in London, has an immediate need for an Immigration Data & Reporting Specialist to serve in the firm’s Business Immigration Group. Seyfarth’s Business Immigration Group -- a 50+ member team located in Atlanta, Boston, New York, Los Angeles, Washington DC and Europe — provides comprehensive business immigration services throughout the U.S. and globally, including strategic planning and advice, case preparation, filing and monitoring, as well as development and implementation of corporate policies and training programs.
Our Group aggressively leverage technology and process to deliver the highest quality legal services. We have developed a comprehensive immigration solution by combining two technologies that are woven seamlessly into our Lean Six-Sigma case management protocols – our ImmSTAR® system and the document assembly technology HotDocs. Equally important, we are vigilant in training and monitoring our professional staff in the use of the technological and process infrastructure that we have built.
To our knowledge, this is a singular accomplishment—no immigration practice has married such substantive expertise with such rigorous, intelligent process methodology.
Summary of the Position:
Great people are the key to Seyfarth Shaw’s success, and we are looking for the next great addition to support the ever-growing Boston, New York, Los Angeles and Atlanta offices of our national practice in data entry, reporting and analysis, and user support & training for our case management system ImmSTAR® (powered by the ImmigrationTracker™ product) as well as for other technologies leveraged by our team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Adhere to a pre-determined reporting schedule for weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual ImmSTAR® data reports exported to and managed in MS Excel;
- Design and execute ad hoc reports on an as needed basis for internal Seyfarth teammates and for client contacts in Human Resources, General Counsel, and Relocation teams;
- Perform daily docketing and scanning/uploading of government issued correspondence;
- Identify and conduct periodic data integrity audits;
- Build database records for new clients’ employee populations;
- Collaborate with other members of the Immigration Docketing & Reporting Team in Boston and cross-office to coordinate and enhance support offered;
- Provide first level user support for internal Seyfarth ImmSTAR® users and for external client users of the ImmSTAR® web portal via the telephone, desk visits to internal users, and webinars;
- Troubleshoot complex user issues, and then escalate and manage follow-through as-needed with the Immigration Technology Lead;
- Provide onboarding training in ImmSTAR® and other technologies to internal new hires of the Boston, New York, and LA offices and to client users in the local Boston / New England area in site visits and via webinars; and
- Create user support and training documentation as existing protocols are codified, new processes are implemented, and as user questions are identified.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree is a must, with 2-4 years experience in data reporting, analysis, or docketing Experience in a law firm and/or in global mobility law is preferred.
The qualifications of the ideal candidate:
- A passion for technology and for continuous process improvement;
- Advanced level knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel (an Excel skills assessment will be included as part of the interview process);
- High level of computer literacy with the Internet and business applications (Windows, Internet Explorer, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, PDF editing software such as Adobe Professional or Nuance);
- Previous exposure to standard law firm or similar applications such as document management, remote access, webinar hosting, and client/matter management;
- Strong analytical, critical, and problem solving skills - being able to ascertain business questions or objectives from discussions with users and then to implement data or systems oriented solutions;
- Professional demeanor;
- Ability to communicate with others verbally and in writing for the purpose of giving clear, concise, and logical instructions to individuals at various organizational levels and with differing degrees of computer/technology sophistication;
- Ability to adapt training and support approaches to various learning styles and skill sets;
- Ability to work cooperatively with others as a member of a service oriented team.
- Strong client service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative & dispersed team
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple priorities
Preference given to candidates with prior exposure to the HotDocs document assembly technology software and/or to immigration management systems (IMS) -- e.g., ImmigrationTracker, INSZoom, LawLogix products or equivalent in-house proprietary immigration case management products or systems.
Extensive and ongoing training will be provided in Immigration law concepts and in all immigration practice-specific systems, tools, and technologies used at Seyfarth.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental, 401k with employer contribution; life insurance; generous paid time off policy; and short-term and long-term disability policies. Seyfarth is committed to offering employees an opportunity for professional development. EOE