Our P3 team has helped both public and private entities successfully navigate each stage of public-private partnerships (PPPs or P3s).
Seyfarth offers a cross-disciplinary team of experienced attorneys with an understanding of the unique finance, development, construction, operational and regulatory issues associated with these types of projects.
Our attorneys have represented a wide range of clients - project sponsors, banks, contractors, facility operators, and state and local government agencies – giving us a unique understanding of the different objectives and interests of the parties involved. We have been engaged across a range of projects, including:
- Economic infrastructure - transportation, communications, power, water and other utilities
- Municipal facilities
- Social Infrastructure - hospitals/assisted-living, universities, housing
Our range of legal services includes:
- Representation of sponsors, lenders, state and local governments, and other clients in connection with the development, structuring, financing, construction and operation
- Representation in a full range of financings, including bond, tax-exempt and taxable state and local government financing.
- Negotiating infrastructure concession agreements, lease and license agreements, privatized operations and management agreements, and sale/leaseback agreements.
- Negotiating and drafting the full range of design, build, operate and maintain agreements
- Advising on legal, regulatory and tax issues throughout the bidding and post-award process