This year has seen dramatic developments affecting the field of ERISA litigation, which impact all employers who offer retirement and/or health and welfare plans. As 2010 draws to a close, employers should be aware of these decisions affecting their operations.
This webinar will focus on key areas of concern, including, among others:
- Decisions addressing plaintiff challenges to 401(k) plan fees and where these cases are likely to go from here
- The future viability of "stock drop" lawsuits
- The impact of the Supreme Court's decision in Conkright v. Frommert on deference to benefit plan administrators' decisions regarding participant claims
- The Cigna v. Amara case regarding conflicts between participant communications and plan documents now before the Supreme Court
- Current decisions addressing the calculation of cash balance pension plan benefits
- Ongoing developments in retiree health care litigation
- Practical tips for employers on how to minimize ERISA litigation risks
For questions, please contact email@example.com and reference this event.
Seyfarth has applied for CLE credit in IL, NY, and CA. If you would like us to pursue CLE credit in any additional states, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session. This program is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.