Given the dramatic changes in legislative, executive and judicial actions affecting LGBT employees and reproductive choice, it is important for employers to stay informed on the issues and know how they impact employment and benefits policies and practices.
Seyfarth Shaw's Diversity Action Team, along with the LGBT & Allies and Women’s Network Affinity Groups, invite you to join us for a panel discussion and cocktail reception where employers can discuss the latest guidelines and regulations relevant to LGBT, reproductive choice, and gender discrimination issues. Our employment and benefits lawyers will be joined by panelists from Lambda Legal and The Human Rights Campaign.
Topics will include:
- The Supreme Court, U.S. Appeals Courts, and outlook for marriage equality
- The Hobby Lobby and Windsor decisions, religious exemptions and the contraception mandate
- The legislative outlook for ENDA post-election and the scope of a religious exemption
- The status of GENDA in New York
- President Obama’s Executive Orders requiring federal contractors to expand non-discrimination protections to gender identity and sexual orientation
- EEOC enforcement and investigation trends regarding discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity and the expansion of non-discrimination protections to LGBT employees as a form of sex discrimination under Title VII
The panel discussion will be followed by a cocktail reception.
There is no cost to attend the event but registration is required. Please click here to register for this event.
For questions, please contact Jamie Lee at email@example.com .