Angelo Paparelli, partner of Seyfarth’s Business Immigration Practice Group and co-chair of its EB-5 Immigrant Investment Specialty Team, is speaking at the 2015 AILA EB-5 Investors Summit: Representing EB-5 Investors & Regional Centers in A Time of Change on August 28 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Angelo will present on a panel titled: “Protecting Your EB-5 Practice: Ethical Issues & Minimizing Risk,” which will walk through a sample engagement letter and address key ethical concerns encountered in EB-5 practice.
- Identifying Legal Services and Potential Limited Scope Representation
- Competence—Knowing When to Co-Counsel and When to Use Experts
- Representing Multiple Clients and Informed Consent
- Common Hazards and Gauging Potential Conflicts of Interest
- Lawful Source of Funds and Truth in Filing
- Knowing Your Client and Coordinating with Agent Intermediaries
- Getting Paid Consistently with the Professional Code
- Practice Pointers for the Engagement Letter
- What to Do When a Conflict Arises