On November 17, 2008, the Department of Labor (DOL) issued revised Final Regulations on the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), which will become effective on January 16, 2009. These are the first changes to the regulations since 1995 and are the culmination of nearly two years of DOL review. The revised regulations make a number of changes including modifications that address the military family leave amendment enacted earlier this year. Our speakers will discuss the significant changes and additions to the Final Regulations, including the following issues:
- New employer notice requirements including the DOL's notice and designation forms
- Changes to employee notice requirements for unforeseeable leave
- Changes to the definition of serious health condition
- Revised medical certification and fitness-for duty processes and forms
- Changes to the substitution of paid leave rules
- New rules on perfect attendance and other bonuses
- Changes to the process for an employer to authenticate and clarify a medical certification
- Changes to the 2nd/3rd opinion process
In addition, the Webinar will cover the new regulations on family military leave, including:
- What events qualify as exigency leave
- The 26 weeks of leave to care for an injured or ill servicemember
- The new certification forms for taking military family leave
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Webinar information will be distributed to registered participants one day prior to the event.
Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit will not be available for this webinar.