The Hospitality Industry 2009: Employment Law and Human Resources Challenges
As we enter the second half of 2009, employers in the Hospitality Industry face many known and unknown challenges in managing their workforces: a new president, democratic control of congress, a newly-emboldened organized labor movement, a stressed economy and a myriad of new and proposed labor and employment laws. Please join the Greater Boston Hotels Human Resources Association and Seyfarth Shaw LLP for a half-day program exploring these developments and their potential impact on the way you do your business. Our program consists of multiple workshops covering the following timely topics:
- using dispute resolution;
- handling discrimination charges at the MCAD;
- avoiding retaliation claims;
- conducting effective internal investigations;
- Employee Free Choice Act and The Current Labor Scene;
- current wage and hour issues;
- strategies for retaining your best employees;
- hiring issues; and
- immigration developments.
Martha Coakley, Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Attorneys from Seyfarth Shaw LLP, industry human resources professionals, an experienced mediator and representatives from the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
Who Should Attend:
Human Resources Professionals as well as other managers and operators of businesses engaged in the hospitality industry.
For questions please contact Tracy Dane Deeney at firstname.lastname@example.org.