Is your organization ready for the new EU General Data Protection Regulation?
Overview of Current EU Data Protection Directive and Brief Introduction to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Effective May 25, 2018
- Brief historical overview of current EU Data Protection Directive (1999-2018)
- Evolution of Safe Harbor Framework (2000-2015) for business transfers of personal data
- Invalidation of Safe Harbor Framework by the Schrems decision in October 2015.
- Key provisions of the Privacy Shield Framework, effective August 2016
- Need to integrate Privacy Shield and GDPR requirements going forward
*CLE Credit for this webinar has been awarded in the following states: CA, IL, NJ and NY. CLE Credit is pending for GA, TX and VA. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.