The results of the 2017 Legislative Session are in, now that Governor Jerry Brown has finished approving and vetoing bills by his October 15 deadline. A handful of significant new employment laws will take effect January 1, 2018, posing new interpretation and compliance challenges for employers. A number of bills that were worrisome to employers did not make the cut. Join members of our California Labor & Employment Legislative and Workplace Solutions Groups on November 1 for a discussion of how these new laws will affect employers doing business in California, and practical suggestions for ensuring your business is prepared for 2018.
Topics will include:
- New salary history pay prohibition and failed gender pay reporting requirement
- Expansion of family leave laws to smaller employers
- Changes to employment background screening programs
- New immigration-related restrictions
- Expansion of anti-harassment training to include gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation
- And more…
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*CLE Credit for this webinar has been awarded in the following states: CA, IL, NJ and NY. CLE Credit is pending for GA, TX and VA. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.