*Program rescheduled from July
In 2011, the Supreme Court of the United States handed down its long-awaited decision in the employment class action suite Wal-Mart v. Betty Dukes, et al. Now that the dust has settled, it is time to take stock of how district courts and appellate courts alike are applying this landmark decision, which has game-changing implications for defending against employment class action lawsuits.
- The significance of the Wal-Mart decision for employers defending class actions.
- The reaction of the plaintiffs' bar to the Wal-Mart decision.
- Has the plaintiffs' bar found creative ways to seek certification of employment claims on class-wide bases depsite Wal-Mart?
- The application of the Wal-Mart decision by the lower courts.
- The future of employment class actions.