Over the past year, court decisions, agency rulings, and regulatory revisions have fundamentally altered the labor and employment law landscape – and there’s more to come. From the FLSA to the ADA, from the NLRB to the EEOC, from Sarbanes-Oxley to DOMA, ensuring that their businesses remain compliant in the ever-shifting world of labor and employment law keeps many an HR professional or in-house counsel busy. Very busy.
Mindful of the busy-ness of your business, Seyfarth’s DC-based team has developed a full-day conference, designed to get you up to speed on a wide variety of topics – and to knock out any of those lingering CLE obligations.
Please join us for a full day of learning and networking with your colleagues from around the D.C. Metro area, as we discuss:
- Advanced Leave and Accommodation Issues: Addressing Mental Disabilities, Workplace Violence, and Work at Home Requests;
- The EEOC’s Enforcement Agenda and Recent Guidance; and
- Wage & Hour Overtime Exemptions: Recent Developments and Expected Regulatory Revisions.
- Does Your Employee/Applicant-Facing Website and Other Technologies Have to Be Accessible to Individuals with Disabilities?;
- Redefining Employment: Independent Contractors and Franchisee/Franchisor Issues;
- Risky Business: What the Obama's Administration's "Year of Action" Means for Federal Government Contractors;
- What Employers Need to Know and Do About the NLRB's Aggressive Agenda;
- A Look at the Upcoming Supreme Court Docket;
- Expansion of SOX Whistleblower Protections: A Review of Decisions in the Wake of the Supreme Court’s decision in Lawson v. FMR; and
- Employment-Based Immigration Pain Points: Developments and Resolutions.
A full agenda can be found here. When registering for this program, please indicate the breakout sessions in which you would like to participate.
To register for this event, please click here