Real Estate Development
Seyfarth’s Real Estate Development team is one of the most experienced in the country, with more than 40 attorneys across our network of U.S. offices who handle all aspects of real estate development, including acquisition and ground lease development, construction and project financing, institutional investment, and construction of large, complex projects.
- strategic deal, entity and investment structuring and planning, including the formation of joint ventures
- site control, acquisition, ground leasing and assemblage
- due diligence and project coordination, including environmental risk mitigation and remediation and innovative forms of insurance protection
- land use planning, including annexation, zoning, PUD, subdivision, development and building permits, approvals and entitlements
- project finance and construction lending, including debt and equity structuring, and permanent financing
- project leasing, construction, management and operation
- disposition of all or parts of projects, including unit sales and outparcel sales, leasing and development
- recycling existing development projects, including interior and exterior renovations, re-developments, value add repositioning and adaptive re-use
Clients engage our Real Estate Development team because of our ability to leverage firm resources for the provision of seamless advice across all considerations affecting a project, including project finance, construction, environmental, corporate, litigation, tax, and ADA requirements. Clients also value our contacts with brokers, developers, investors, retailers, lenders, title companies, consultants, attorneys, and regulators across the country. Our attorneys have experience in all forms of public economic development incentives — including bond financings, TIF financings, sales tax rebates and related incentive negotiations and implementation — as well as public-private partnerships (PPP), helping to ensure that our clients’ projects are viable and profitable.