Energy and Clean Technologies
Seyfarth Shaw’s Energy and Clean Technologies Group is a cross-disciplinary team of attorneys with a coast-to-coast national presence and both industry experience and legal expertise to efficiently and effectively handle a wide range of matters and transactions involving energy and clean technologies.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in finance, mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, infrastructure and project development, labor and employment issues, green construction and green real estate, energy tax structuring and strategic planning, environmental, OSHA and green marketing compliance, climate change and carbon markets counseling, technology commercialization, intellectual property protection, government funding and contracting and litigation.
We represent energy and clean technology clients across the energy spectrum, including:
- Traditional oil, gas, coal and mining exploration and production companies
- Wind and solar power generation developers, power purchasers and distribution companies
- Biofuels, biodiesel and biomass producers and transporters
- Pipelines and other midstream assets
- Hydroelectric, and geothermal plants
- Refineries, recyclers, waste-to-energy and wastewater treatment facilities
- Utilities and co-generation facilities
- Energy equipment manufacturers and supply companies
- Energy services companies
- Next generation clean and efficiency technology companies
- Green real estate companies and projects
We also represent and have deep contacts with the private equity firms, financial institutions, real estate funds, sponsors, advisors, investment bankers, hedge funds, lenders and venture capital groups that seek to advise, invest in and/or acquire such companies.