People: Nicole D. Bogard, Partner
Nicole D. Bogard
Direct: (404) 885-7981
Fax: (404) 724-1781
J.D., Marquette University Law School (1995)
- B.A., University of Michigan (1991)
Serves as Employee Benefits Counsel to several large national employer/plan sponsors, including:
- A leading national restaurant chain.
- A successful national entertainment company with pizza restaurants, professional sports teams and casino hotels.
- The Midwest’s largest sporting goods chain.
- National healthcare providers and hospitals.
- Represents several large plan sponsors on correction compliance issues and audits, including voluntary correction programs and negotiations with Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor
- Represents many large public companies and private employers as to employee benefit issues related to corporate mergers and acquisitions, including the integration of benefits plans following the transaction
- “Top Five Health Care Reform Obligations Employers Need to Know Now for 2014,” (April 14, 2014)
- “HRMAC Affordable Care Act and Health Care Reform Update - The Latest Guidance,” (April 30, 2014)
- “Health Care Reform: The Employer Mandate,” (May 14, 2013)
- "Play or Pay and 90 Day Waiting Period: Emerging Issues in Health Care Reform," (March 20, 2013)
- "Healthcare Reform for the Healthcare Provider," (March 11, 2013)
- "Provide Health Coverage or Pay a Tax Penalty: What Employers Need to Know," (February and March 2013)
- “Safe Harbor Methods for Determining Full-Time Employees Under Health Care Reform,” (December 12, 2012)
- “Health Care Reform After the Election,” (December 11, 2012)
- “The Impact of Health Care Reform on Employer’s and What’s to Come,” (October 18, 2012)
- “Current Issues for Qualified Plan Sponsors,” (October 16, 2012)
- Co-Author, "IRS Retroactively Reduces HSA Contribution Limit; Transition Relief May Follow," One Minute Memo, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (April 5, 2018)
- Co-Author, “10 Key Ways the Trump Administration May Impact The Way You Do Business in 2017,” Presidential Pulse, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (December 12, 2016)
- Co-Author, "Issue 95: Health Care Reform Reporting Is Coming: Is Your Company Prepared?" Management Alert, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (November 10, 2015)
- Co-Author, "Issue 82: Employment-Based Orientation Period and the 90-Day Waiting Period Limitation," Management Alert, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (August 1, 2014)
- Co-Author, "Issue 79: Final Regulations on 90-Day Waiting Period Limitation and Certificates of Creditable Coverage," Health Care Reform Management Alert, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (March 26, 2014)
- Co-Author, "Issue 76: Mental Health Parity and Health Care Reform," Health Care Reform Management Alert, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (February 5, 2014)
- Co-Author, “Issue 59: Multi-State Plan Program Guidance and Expatriate Plan Transition Relief Issued,” Health Care Reform Management Alert, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (March 20, 2013)
- “Final HIPAA Regulations Issued,”Management Alert, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (January 31, 2013)
- Co-Author, “Issue 43: Safe Harbor Methods for Determining Full-Time Employees,” Seyfarth Shaw LLP - Management Alert (September 13, 2012)
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers™ in America 2019 in the field of Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law.