Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences
Companies in the pharmaceuticals industry face a number of pressures, from mounting regulatory and IP concerns, to evolving business models that impact every aspect of their strategy and operations.
Our cross-disciplinary Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences team advises and represents on matters of critical importance to the growth of our clients’ businesses and the protection of their assets. The team regularly works with clients ranging from large brand name drug and device manufacturers, to generics makers, start-ups, and research organizations.
Working collaboratively, the team provides integrated services to Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences clients in the following areas:
- Corporate: acquisitions, mergers, and divestitures, licensing and distribution agreements, product sales, manufacturing agreements, wholesaler agreements, group purchasing agreements, and distribution agreements for both generic and branded manufacturers, distributors, and wholesalers
- Data Security: establishing internal company policies and training programs, monitoring compliance; counseling on domestic and international data compliance programs
- Employee Benefits: health and welfare, employee benefits, and retirement plans as well as profit-sharing, deferred compensation and other executive compensation plans, and employment policies and procedures, including global, cross-border employee benefit, and executive compensation matters
- Employment Litigation: ERISA, single plaintiff and class action benefit claims, wage and hour claims, fiduciary duty, discrimination, reporting and disclosure, pension and welfare plan interpretation, executive compensation and stock options, and multiemployer plan claims
- Intellectual Property: trademarks and unfair competition disputes, patent litigation and prosecution, Hatch-Waxman and ANDA
- Labor & Employment: premiere employment counseling and compliance services, with a focused specialty in international labor law, and robust immigration programs for employers doing business across jurisdictions, including cross-border and international operations
- Litigation: commercial, product liability, trade secrets, securities, and financial litigation in addition to broad experience in all facets of patent law
- Trade Secrets: audits, trade secret protection agreements, counseling on practices in screening, hiring, departures; and the Economic Espionage Act
- 4/25/2019 Thorny Issues with Commissions Part 1: What Happens When a Salesperson Is Selling a Drug To Herself or Her Family Member?
- 3/27/2019 Why Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and Life Science Clients with a Massachusetts Presence Should Consider Rolling Out an Arbitration Agreement—With a Class Action Waiver