People: Christal A. Delgado, Associate
Christal A. Delgado
Direct: (713) 238-1804
Fax: (713) 821-0694
J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, cum laudeStaff Writer and Editor, Texas Tech Law ReviewStaff Writer, Texas Bank Lawyer
B.A. in Economics, University of Texas at Austin, cum laude
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Western, Northern, and Southern Districts of Texas
- United States Bankruptcy Courts for the Eastern, Western, Northern, and Southern Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
Select Labor & Employment Litigation Experience
- Successfully obtained summary judgment against multiple plaintiffs’ discrimination lawsuit that included age discrimination, race discrimination, and retaliation claims.
- Won a summary judgment ruling on behalf of retail employer defeating former employee’s disability discrimination claims, including claims that employer denied employee a reasonable accommodation and subjected employee to harassment because of employee’s real or perceived disabilities.
- Successfully settled a series of single plaintiff discrimination matters for national company pending in state and federal courts nationwide.
- Extensive experience negotiating favorable settlements with various federal and state agencies.
- “Advanced Topics in eDiscovery - Discovery of Social Media” Houston, Texas (October 2014).
- “Information Governance - Rethinking the Management of E-Discovery, Records Management, Privacy, and Cybersecurity,” Houston, TX (May 9, 2013)
- “Why All Counsel Should Understand Judicial Estoppel,”DRI, For the Defense (July 2012)
- “Metadata - ‘The New Black’: What You Need to Know Regarding Recent Trends,” DRI, For the Defense (September 2011)
- “Going Native: A Practical Guide to ESI in Native Format," ABI Bankruptcy Litigation Committee Newsletter, Volume 8, No. 5 (September 2011)