Jeffrey Wortman, partner in the Los Angeles office, will be presenting Spotting and Preventing Leave Abuses, Without Opening Yourself Up to a Lawsuit at the upcoming Employer Resource Institute seminar.
Presentation Day: September 10, 2007
Presentation Time: 3:15-4:45
This exclusive two-day conference, brought to you by the same people who produce the award-winning California Employer Advisor, will explain everything you need to know to properly and legally manage employee leaves, discipline, and terminations. You'll learn:
- How to navigate intermittent leaves under FMLA/CRFA
- How FMLA/CFRA, workers' comp, and the ADA interact, and how to know which law or laws a given leave should be classified under
- How to correctly handle pay and bonuses for employees who are out on leave
- How to prevent leave abuses—without angering your honest employees
- How to make progressive discipline and performance improvement plans work for you instead of against you
- How to conduct an effective internal investigation when employee wrongdoing is suspected
- How to make your liability releases legally binding following layoffs or RIFs
- How to stay out of court after an involuntary employee termination
For more information or to register, please visit the event's website.