In today's complicated regulatory environment, having a solid employee benefit plan governance structure in place is an important component of any company's corporate compliance program. Good employee benefit plan governance practices are necessary to minimize the risks associated with employee benefit plans such as fiduciary liability and participant complaints and lawsuits. Companies need to make sure that they have the proper procedures in place to select, evaluate and monitor investments and service providers, and to administer relevant plans according to their terms. Our informative program will touch on common plan-governance issues that arise from the administration and investment of our employee-benefit plans and that can potentially expose responsible fiduciaries to liability.
- Fundamentals of allocating fiduciary responsibilities and core plan governance documents
- Adoption of Policies - Role in monitoring revenue sharing, fee disclosure, brokerage window, etc.
- Establishing internal controls
- Common prototype plan problems for small employers
- Strategies for limiting venue for participant lawsuits
- The global plan governance policy and the multinational company … and don't forget to bring your own questions!
Registration closes on MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26. If you have difficulty registering online, contact WEB-NY administrator Beverly Hegmann at 212.945.2964 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.