On July 28-29, the American Conference Institute will hold its 19th National Conference on Consumer Finance Class Actions & Litigation. David Bizar, partner and co-chair of Seyfarth’s Consumer Financial Services Litigation Practice, is serving as the conference co-chair and will be presenting “The CFPB and the Consumer Finance Industry.” The panel discussion will evaluate the lessons learned from recent CFPB enforcement actions.
Topics to be covered include:
- Assessing recent enforcement actions and investigations undertaken by the CFPB
- Anticipating the types of claims that the CFPB will be pursuing in the near-term
- Preparing for and responding to CFPB investigations and examinations
- Responding to Civil Investigative Demands (CIDs)
- Where the CFPB is likely headed in the coming months
- Assessing coordination efforts between the CFPB and other federal and state agencies, including state AGs
- Assessing the CFPB’s enhanced scrutiny of nonbank ‘larger participants,’ including debt collection agencies, student loan lenders, payday lenders, and auto lenders
- The CFPB’s recent enforcement activity and expected civil litigation against student lenders
- Evaluating the CFPB’s enhanced scrutiny of fair lending issues in the area of auto lending
- What practices has the CFPB targeted?
- Attorney-client privilege and the CFPB
For more information and to register, click here.