Richard Loebl will be moderating the panel, "ERISA Fiduciary Process - Moving Beyond a Pure Heart and Good Intentions to Rigorous Due Diligence," during ABA's Tax and Real Property Sections joint meeting in Chicago. The panel will discuss:
- governance and process concerns for ERISA fiduciaries involving delegation from the Board of Directors and Plan Administrator to other fiduciaries or ministerial personnel;
- who should be appointed to administrative and investment committees;
- processes an ERISA fiduciary should follow when reviewing documents or determining actions to take;
- when to use an independent fiduciary;
- fiduciary considerations for welfare plans;
- reviewing plan expenses and investments, including employer stock investments;
- and monitoring investment advisors and managers post-Madoff.
The program will be of interest to in-house lawyers and those advising on governance matters.