Legislators, administrators and judges, on both the state and federal levels, were busy in 2008 creating new challenges for California employers. The new Administration and Congress have a long list of legislative proposals, including the Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA), that would require fundamental changes in employee and labor relations policies.
Our Breakfast Briefing is designed to explain and to discuss the new laws, regulations and court decisions that were added to the books in 2008, and discuss practical suggestions for compliance and avoidance of unnecessary litigation. This program will also address legislative changes on the horizon, and what employers can do to influence and prepare for these changes.
Specific Briefing Topics Include:
- Meal and rest period requirements
- Leave for military spouses
- Amendments to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Expansion of Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Key developments in classifying exempt employees (Computer Professionals)
- More restrictions on cell phone use while driving
- Payment of wages to temporary employees
- Medicinal marijuana use by employees
- State administrative agency regulatory developments
- Administrative agency (FEHA, Dept. of Industrial Relations) regulatory news
- The labor and employment agenda of the new Congress and Administration
- Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA)
7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. - Registration and Breakfast
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. - Program
California CLE Credit:
Seyfarth Shaw is an accredited provider of CLE services in the State of California. Seyfarth Shaw certifies that this activity meets the standards for approved activities defined by Section 7 of the Rules and Regulations of the MCLE Rules of the State Bar of California.
For questions please contact Sarah Guigliano at (310) 201-1555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.