Facebook! Twitter! LinkedIn! For better or worse, employers have been faced with an unprecedented surge in the use of social media in the workplace. While many employers have embraced the benefits of this technology for recruiting, client development, and other business purposes, there are many legal pitfalls associated with both employee and employer use (and misuse) of social media. Employers must be proactive in recognizing these legal risks and developing an effective strategy for addressing them.
This briefing series will examine, among other topics:
- An overview of social media and the online interaction between employers, job applicants and current and former employees.
- Best practices on the use of social media to attract and screen applicants.
- Benefits and risks associated with employer’s use of social media in the pre-employment process.
- Legal considerations for regulating employee’s use of social media in the workplace.
- Tips for implementing an effective social media policy.
CA CLE Credit:
Seyfarth Shaw is an accredited provider of CLE services in the State of California. Seyfarth Shaw certifies that this activity meets the standards for approved activities defined by Section 7 of the Rules and Regulations of the MCLE Rules of the State Bar of California.
For questions please contact Sarah Benedix firstname.lastname@example.org