The rapid evolution of social media and the activities of employees have created legal challenges for employers. Social media has the potential to impact almost every aspect of an employment relationship. Cyberbullying, harassment, protected concerted activity, employment discrimination, confidential company information, and employee privacy rights are all issues that employers have been forced to struggle with when addressing the use/misuse of social media by employees and management.
Please join Seyfarth Shaw for a discussion of what every employer needs to consider regarding social media and its impact on human capital, including the latest developments.
Topics will include:
- Best practices and policies: employee relations, misconduct, and privacy.
- Recent cases involving employee social media accounts.
- Developments in NLRB enforcement regarding protected concerted activity and the use of social media.
- Use of social media to attract and screen potential employees.
- Social media and company confidentiality.
For questions, please contact Jamie Lee at email@example.com.
To register for this event click here.