The hiring process can be time consuming and financially burdensome for employers, especially those in California, where adhering to compliance is more complicated than in any other state.
Please join us for an informative discussion on recent updates on employment-purposed background checks, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act and California ban-the-box laws. The discussion will include:
- Basic steps for complying with the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Helpful tips when reviewing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with California ban-the-box legislation
- How to take adverse action against a candidate based on conviction history
- Best practices that will help minimize the risk of a costly lawsuit against your organization
- Suggestions for multi-state employers to monitor in this and related areas of the law
If you have any questions, please contact Carlos Cortes at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference this event.
CLE Credit for this program has been awarded in the following states: CA, IL, NJ and NY. CLE Credit is pending for GA, TX and VA. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.