With smaller budgets and the risk of expensive and time-consuming litigation, taking a proactive stance on labor and employment law compliance is critical to ensuring that your organization is able to focus on mission-critical matters. Although non-profit organizations face many of the same labor and employment issues as their for-profit counterparts, they operate in mission-driven environment and have certain specialized issues, such as protection of donor lists and supervision of volunteers. With this, the ability of non-profits to comply with the vast web of employment laws gets even more complicated
Join us and your colleagues from other non-profit employers as we discuss some of the key labor and employment issues facing the industry today, including:
The Top 5 Best Employment Practices for Every Non-Profit
- Should your Executive Director be under an employment agreement? How about anyone else?
- Are our independent contractors really independent contractors?
- Do we have an effective whistleblower policy?
- Are we doing enough on the diversity/anti-harassment training front?
- Are our donor lists protected?
Wage and Hour Compliance
- What are the rules governing our use of volunteers and interns?
- Are our exempt employees really exempt?
The Affordable Care Act
- What do we need to do now?
- What can we expect in the future?
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com and reference this event.