Thomas Saunders, partner in the Boston office, will be speaking at the upcoming DIA Forty-Third Annual Meeting. The program is designed for the full continuum of disciplines in the pharmaceutical and related industries.
This event will focus on:
- The current regulatory and public policy environment pertaining to pharmaceuticals with an emphasis on the Food and Drug Administration
- International regulations and economic factors that impact the global biopharmaceutical industry
- Challenges facing the FDA and the pharmaceutical industry in areas such as research study design and statistical methodology
- State-of-the-art clinical and statistical systems and implementations
- Legal, advertising, and marketing issues related to providing product information
- Risk assessment and management in areas such as computer systems validation and drug safety and pharmacovigilance
- Issues in safety reporting, data analysis, epidemiology, and regulations regarding adverse events
Mr. Saunders will present during the Natural Health Products session. In his presentation, entitled Patenting Nature and the Nature of Patenting, he will provide patent strategies for natural product dietary supplements and nutraceuticals. Particular attention will be given to instances where the active fraction is uncharacterized or present as a combination of substances.
To register, please visit the event's website.