Employee blogging is having a significant impact on company productivity. By some estimates, the number of Web logs — better known as “blogs”— has consistently doubled every 6 months since late 2002, and nearly 1 in 4 workers spends almost 10% of their time visiting blogs at work. Yet many companies do not have a policy about blogging in the workplace or a process for monitoring employee blogs about the company. This breakfast briefing will focus on the steps an employer can take to reduce exposure to the liabilities blogs can incur while taking advantage of the opportunities blogs can provide.
Discussion topics will include:
- What policies your company should have in place concerning employees’ personal blogs.
- The limits on disciplining employees for personal blogs.
- How to respond to blogging about your company.
- How to deal with the exposure of trade secrets and other sensitive information on blogs.
- How your company can take advantage of blogging, rather than just trying to control it.
- “Ask the Experts” Question and Answer Session
Registration and Breakfast: 8:00 - 8:30 a.m.
Program: 8:30 - 10:00 a.m.