It is no surprise that the Obama NLRB has issued a number of decisions that significantly impact employers, and the Board’s initiatives have brought about change and uncertainty to both union and non-union environments. As 2010 begins to draw to a close, it is important for employers to be aware of early decisions and initiatives affecting their operations.
This webinar will focus on key areas of concern, including, among others:
- Labor issues related to social networking policies and an employer’s ability to monitor and control use of its e-mail and internet systems
- Decisions taking a more expansive view of: employers’ obligation to respond to information requests, when an employer engages in direct dealing, and when an employer engages in discriminatory conduct
- Decisions limiting an employee’s ability to oppose union organizing
- Initiatives involving increased use of 10(j) injunctions, electronic voting, and possible expanded remedies for violations of NLRA
- Decisions limiting employers’ ability to operate their businesses post-contract expiration
Seyfarth has applied for CLE credit in IL, NY, and CA. If you would like us to pursue CLE credit in any additional states, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session. This program is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.