Please join Seyfarth Shaw for a breakfast briefing designed to help employers mitigate risk while still meeting their business objectives. This program will explore:
- The EEOC’s commitment to investigating hiring practices, including the issuance of broad subpoenas seeking nationwide information;
- The surge of government enforcement actions alleging disparate impact and disparate treatment discrimination based on hiring practices;
- Recent and proposed legislation restricting the use of credit history in hiring and other employment decisions (e.g., the Equal Employment for All Act);
- Understanding the Fair Credit Reporting Act and state laws, and developing best practices for conducting background checks; and
- Limitations on pre-employment testing.