Seyfarth is a sponsor of IMN's 18th Annual US Real Estate Opportunity & Private Funds Investing Forum taking place June 25-27 in Newport, RI.
John Napoli, partner in Seyfarth's Corporate department and co-chair of the firm's Tax practice, will be presenting on the "Joint Venture Best Practices" panel, which will discuss:
- Drafting and negotiating agreements
- Buying/selling and other exits
- Project recaps
- Construction complexities
- Operating company hot points
- Foreign capital regulatory concerns
- Are capital partners giving more conservative terms?
- Club deals and joint venture with LPs
- Managing the risks inherent in a joint venture
David Warburg, partner in Seyfarth's Corporate department, will be presenting on the "Spanning the Globe… Accessing Foreign Capital" panel, which will discuss:
- Chinese investment trends in the US
- Who is pulling back?… Stepping up?
- New administration impact
- Foreign fund structures
- EB5… Expected changes and is the time it takes worth it?
- Non-China Asia- Is it more than the Korean insurance companies?
- Sovereign wealth fund activity
- Are foreigners starting to look outside gateway markets?
- Impact on new transparency rules on residential investments
- FIRPTA, CFIUS and PATH act and the impact of recent changes
- Managing vendors globally