The troubling disconnect between U.S. Immigration Policy and Practice - and how to succeed in spite of it!
Few will disagree that our nation’s current immigration program is broken and in need of fixing. This program will present the disconnect between the Obama Administration’s lofty goals and the questionable everyday practices of rank and file examiners who serve as the country’s actual gatekeepers, while providing ways to succeed in spite of the current immigration conditions.
We’ll offer helpful tips to spot potential trouble areas in advance and navigate around them, allowing you to minimize or prevent problems for your foreign national workforce and recruit and retain the best and brightest.
- White collar industries under the highest scrutiny, and how to proactively dispel the government’s concerns
- Tips on thoughtful selection of airports and border crossings to maximize success
- Why it is now dangerous for some employees to travel abroad, and how to minimize risks
- Worksite enforcement trends and how to prepare your organization for a surprise visit
- Why efforts to reform immigration from within have been thwarted
- The Infosys whistleblower scandal and its aftermath
- The state-by-state approach to immigration law - Arizona, Alabama, and beyond
For questions, please contact Jamie Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seyfarth Shaw LLP is an approved provider of New York Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit. This seminar is approved for 1.5 hours of credit in Professional Practice, and is appropriate for both transitional and nontransitional attorneys. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this briefing, the registrant must be present for the entire session.