Angelo Paparelli, partner of Seyfarth’s Immigration Department, Michael Clark, partner of Seyfarth's Corporate Department, and Mahsa Aliaskari, senior counsel in Seyfarth's Immigration Department, will be speaking as panelists at LACBA's "EB-5 Practice, Ethics, and Decoding the IPO" CLE on December 14, 2016 in Los Angeles. Angelo and Michael are co-chairs of the firm's EB-5 Immigrant Investment Team, and Mahsa is a team member.
- Navigating conflict of interest issues between U.S. project partners, investors, and immigration consultants.
- Addressing problems created by the "puffing" of consultants and U.S. business partners.
- Identifying and troubleshooting compliance issues with the SEC. (Marketing, referral fees, etc.)
- Red flags of a problematic EB-5 investment and exit strategies for immigration practitioners.
- "To go or not to go" - working with immigration consultants in East Asia and the Middle East.
- Ethical/practical ways to handle the EB-5 retrogression issue for China-born investors.