On Tuesday, October 27, 2015, Bart Lazar will co-present “Security Breaches – How Health Plan Counsel Can Prepare and Respond” at the AHLA Institute of Health Plan Counsel Meeting.
Health plan security breaches potentially expose members’ names, birth dates, Social Security numbers, mailing and email addresses, phone numbers, member ID numbers and bank account information. Claims information, including clinical information, is also at risk for exposure. This session will focus on how in-house counsel at health plans and their outside counsel and advisors can prepare for and respond to a security breach, including:
- Legal requirements and risk associated with securing (or not securing) data
- Internal policies and procedures
- Vetting and handling service providers
- Legal requirements for incident response
- Practical/technical best practices for incident response