Angelo Paparelli, partner of Seyfarth’s Business Immigration Group and co-chair of the firm’s EB-5 Immigrant Investment Specialty Team, is co-presenting the Council for Global Immigration webinar “H-1B Trends, Troubles, and the Look Ahead” on September 7th at 2 pm ET.
As the Trump Administration looks to implement the “Buy American and Hire American” executive order, new grounds for H-1B ineligibility are surfacing; and old interpretations are being resurrected with new twists. Requests for evidence and denials are multiplying, USCIS is disclosing employer-specific H-1B data, and DOL has proposed changes to the LCA form.
This CFGI Webinar will analyze the issues, and offer solutions and strategies for keeping your organization’s H-1B program viable. Discussion topics include:
- Level I prevailing wage traps
- Premium Processing unavailability blowback
- Narrowing fields of specialized study needed for an H-1B Specialty Occupation
- Degree/Job “mismatches” and miscues
- I-9 and H-1B portability troubles
- Pitfalls of State Department’s H-1B “provisional” visa revocations
- Risks and restrictions on H-1B and H-4 travel abroad
- Proposed Changes to the LCA form from DOL