Seyfarth Shaw’s Government Relations and Policy Group invites you to join Senior Political Strategist for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Scott Reed, for a post-midterm election analysis and a discussion on what to expect going forward.
This briefing will address the following:
- What is the breakdown of the raw election results in terms of demographics?
- Was the pre-election polling data roughly correct or were there major surprises?
- What will be the likely impact on congressional policy initiatives and oversight?
- Does the outcome reveal a severe partisan divide or were there major crossovers?
- What lessons, if any, can be learned going into the presidential election cycle?
Scott Reed is a well-known figure in Washington, D.C.'s corridors of power and was recently named by Politico Magazine as one of the top "Politico 50" ideas changing politics and the people behind them. He has appeared on NBC’s Meet the Press, CBS’s 60 Minutes and Face the Nation, ABC’s World News Tonight, C-Span’s Washington Journal, CNN’s John King USA, National Public Radio, and other national broadcast programs. In addition, Scott is quoted extensively on national political trends in The Washington Post, The New York Times, USA Today, and The Wall Street Journal.
This program will be moderated by Chair of Seyfarth Shaw's Government Relations and Policy Group, Randy Johnson.
Please note that this event is closed to members of the press.
If you have any questions, please contact Sean Frebes at firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference this event.