On January 16, 2009, the revised regulations under the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) went into effect. These changes were intended to help simplify things for employers and employees by providing more information in some areas, and clarification in others. However, California employers are left to navigate the interplay between these new regulations and California leave laws on their own.
Our Breakfast Briefing is designed to help you navigate and understand the regulatory changes to the FMLA. We will not only discuss the new regulations, but also provide some specific advice on how to implement the new regulations while still remaining compliant with other California leave laws.
Specific Briefing Topics Include:
- Changes to Employer and Employee Notice Requirements
- Employee Eligibility under the FMLA
- Production Bonuses (what you can and cannot take into account)
- Waivers of FMLA Rights
- Medical Certification
- Fitness for Duty Certifications
- Leave to Care for an Injured Servicemember or for a Qualifying Exigency
- Complying with the New Regulations and Pregnancy Leave Laws in California
- Complying with the New Regulations and the California Family Rights Act.
7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. Registration and Breakfast
8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. - Program
California CLE Credit:
Seyfarth Shaw is an accredited provider of CLE services in the State of California. Seyfarth Shaw certifies that this activity meets the standards for approved activities defined by Section 7 of the Rules and Regulations of the MCLE Rules of the State Bar of California.
For questions please contact Sarah Guigliano at (310) 201-1555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.