Dallas Human Resource Management Association, Inc. (affiliate of SHRM) has invited Seyfarth Shaw to present "The Peculiarities of California Employment Law"
If you have employees in California, or if you want to keep on top of trends in employment law that may be making their way east from the “Left Coast,” then you definitely will not want to miss this briefing.
Lawyers from our California offices will join us to talk about the most prominent and vexing peculiarities of California employment law, and they will answer questions about other legal challenges that our attendees are facing in California. We will distribute extensive written materials that will help you spot, and perhaps even solve, California employment law issues on your own after you leave the presentation.
While it is easy to bemoan the special problems that employers face in California, we will suggest practical ways for employers to avoid or solve them. Some of the California employment law peculiarities we will discuss include:
- The Labor Code Private Attorneys General Act
- Disability Discrimination and the Interactive Process
- Wage-Hour Administration
- Workplace Harassment and Mandatory Supervisory Training
- Breach of Contract Claims
- Workers’ Compensation Retaliation (Labor Code §132a)
- Restrictive Covenants
- Commissions and Bonus Plans
- Hiring and Discharge Procedures
- The California Family Rights Act and Other State Leave Laws
- “Kin Care”
- Arbitration Agreements
- Drug Testing and Employee Privacy
- Employee Access to Personnel Information
Registration: 8:00 AM
Program: 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM
Dallas HR Breakfast Rates:
If you have any questions, please contact Dallas HR at (214) 631-8775
This program has been approved for 2 California credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).