On April 6th, eDiscovery attorneys Natalya Northrip and Emily Dorner will co-present the Clear Law Institute webinar “Effectively Drafting and Managing Litigation Holds.” When an organization becomes a party to a lawsuit or when it reasonably anticipates litigation, it must suspend its routine document retention/destruction policy and put in place a “litigation hold” to ensure the preservation of potentially relevant documents. In this webinar, you will learn what a litigation hold is, how to draft and manage a litigation hold, and the consequences of failing to satisfy your preservation obligations.
- The duty to preserve
- Scope and timing of preservation
- Possession, custody and control of relevant information
- Effective preservation strategies
- How to draft litigation hold notices
- The dangers of self-identification of relevant information
- How to ensure proper management of legal holds
- Sanctions for spoliation of evidence
More information about the webinar can be found on the website at http://clearlawinstitute.com/shop/webinars/effectively-drafting-and-managing-litigation-holds/. Sign up with code SPKR35 for a discounted rate.