- Discussing recent and proposed employee privacy legislation, and how it may impact policies dictating mandatory turnover of social networking passwords and employee privacy concerns.
- Discussing the National Labor Relations Board’s (NLRB) treatment of employer social media policies, whether it applies to you, and what steps should be taken to avoid potential penalties for violating NLRB rulings.
- Discussing the interplay between social medial privacy laws and workplace investigations, and how developing internal company policy and/or contracts can protect companies’ assets.
- Defining, understanding, and protecting trade secrets in social media.
- How courts are interpreting ownership of social media accounts and whether social media sites constitute property and preventing trade secret misappropriation or distribution through social media channels.
- Discussing the interplay between protection of company information and ownership of company accounts in the social media age.
Social Media Privacy Legislation Update
Cost: There is no cost to attend this program, however, registration is required.