This webinar is designed for school administrators and special education case managers and will focus on important legal requirements of the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act, the Americans With Disabilities Act, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. It will focus on compliance requirements important to school administrators and case managers to assist in their efforts to meet a school’s legal responsibilities to its students eligible for IDEA services and protected by these laws.
Topics covered will include:
- The FAPE standard after the Supreme Court’s decision in Endrew F. and practical considerations for IEP development and management to show FAPE is being provided
- Legal requirements when discipline is recommended for an IDEA eligible student
- Special considerations when addressing safety and harassment prevention for IDEA eligible students
- The importance of completing FBAs and BIPs and effective implementation for students presenting with behavioral issues
- Responding to specific requests for accommodations
- Responsive measures when a parent withdraws and enrolls their child in a private school of parent’s choice
- Practical considerations for record-keeping and management.
If you have any questions, please contact Cassie Peterson at email@example.com and reference this event.
*CLE Credit for this webinar has been awarded in the following states: CA, IL, NJ and NY. CLE Credit is pending for GA, TX and VA. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.