Trade secret misappropriation is increasingly gaining the attention of law enforcement authorities. This reality creates different dynamics and risks depending on whether a company is being accused of wrongdoing or is the victim of such conduct. On Wednesday, November 14, 2018, at 12:00 p.m. Central, Seyfarth Shaw attorneys Andrew Boutros and John Schleppenbach will present the “Criminal Trade Secret Theft: What You Need to Know” webinar, the seventh installment in Seyfarth’s 2018 Trade Secrets Webinar Series.
The webinar will focus on criminal liability for trade secret theft, including:
- Key statutes: Economic Espionage Act, Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and the Defend Trade Secrets Act
- Key elements for criminal prosecution
- Factors that prosecutors consider when deciding whether and what to prosecute
- How to work with federal prosecutors and their law enforcement partners
- Civil RICO under the Defend Trade Secrets Act
- Best practices for avoiding misappropriation and what to do when you suspect misappropriation has occurred
If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Vest at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference this event.
*CLE Credit for this webinar has been awarded in the following states: CA, IL, NJ and NY. CLE Credit is pending for GA, TX and VA. Please note that in order to receive full credit for this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.