On the precipice of an important presidential election, please join Seyfarth Shaw for an up-to-the-minute dialogue on the challenges facing employers and their global workforces in the digital age.
During this day-long presentation, we will address how the pending election, the digital age, and the global workforce impact the way employers hire, employ and sever workers.
We will also discuss best practices for minimizing risk of violations and litigation, as well as helpful tips for managing the cost and effectiveness of an employer’s defenses when sued.
Topics and discussion points include:
- Social Media– A discussion of social media’s impact on employers, employees, and candidates through the lens of a traditional labor lawyer.
- EEOC Initiatives (Background Checks / ADA Compliance)– Scrutinizing employers’ hiring, retention, and employment practices.
- Class/Collective Action Litigation– Multi-plaintiff, class, and collective action employment and wage-hour litigation challenging employers today, and ways to avoid it (including class action waivers).
- International Labor & Employment– A comparative examination of labor & employment issues facing employers with international workforces.
- Immigration– How the global workforce and the hotly contested immigration issues impact the employer’s hiring processes.
- Restrictive Covenants– How to protect trade secrets and business assets both during and post-employment.
- Benefits– The impact of health care reform on employers and what’s to come.
CLE credit is pending for this event
If you have any questions, please contact Felicia Wolf at email@example.com.