Seyfarth Shaw LLP is recognized as a leading Health Law practice by U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms and The Legal 500, noted as having “extensive knowledge of the health care industry.”
In addition to attorneys who focus in the health law industry, our interdisciplinary team is drawn from each of the firm’s departments—litigation, corporate, labor and employment, benefits, real estate, and immigration—across our platform in the U.S., London, Shanghai, Melbourne and Sydney, in order to provide a coordinated and comprehensive full-service health law practice.
We represent clients across the entire spectrum of the health care industry. These include dozens of for profit and non-profit hospitals and health systems, physician group practices, academic medical institutions, managed care companies, health plans, health care technology and service companies, continuing care retirement communities, biotechnology, research, pharma, medical device, and providers of debt and equity capital in the health care space.
Seyfarth’s Health Law practice has a deep bench of practitioners with a tremendous breadth of knowledge and expertise in the industry, which is highlighted below:
- Recognized as a Tier 1 national Health Law practice by U.S. News & World Report (2014-2019)
- Recognized as a leading, nationwide Health Law practice by The Legal 500 (2012-2014, 2016-2018)
- Recognized as a leading Health Care practice in Texas (Chambers USA, 2015-2018)
- Ranked among the top 50 largest Health Care law firms by Modern Healthcare (2016-2018)
- Our clients include one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit health plans, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in Texas, and several of the largest health care systems and academic medical centers in the Northeast.
- Our clients include some of the largest assisted living companies in the U.S. as ranked by Provider Magazine.
- Our health care, corporate and labor & employment attorneys regularly write for and present to leading health care organizations including the Metropolitan Chicago Healthcare Council, the Massachusetts Hospital Association, the Florida Bar and the California Hospital Association, which include hundreds of local health care organizations among its members.
- We represent the National Association of Freestanding Emergency Centers (NAFEC), a new industry group representing the emerging freestanding emergency center (FEC) industry.
- Our team includes two attorneys who are board certified in health law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, and one who is Board Certified in Health Law by the Florida board of Legal Specialization.
- Our team includes several former general counsel and in-house counsel of health systems in Texas, California and other parts of the country.
- We have been named leading Health Law practitioners in Texas and California (Chambers USA, 2015-2018).