People: Ashley K. Laken, Associate
Ashley K. Laken
Direct: (312) 460-5570
Fax: (312) 460-7570
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center (2009)
magna cum laude
Order of the Coif
American Criminal Law Review
B.S.B.A., Georgetown University (2006)
magna cum laude
Alpha Mu Alpha Honor Society
Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Representation of a major restaurant chain in a putative class and collective action alleging race discrimination and violation of state and federal wage and overtime laws.
- Representation of a major consulting firm in a putative age discrimination collective action brought by employees let go during a reduction-in-force.
- Representation of a university in a three plaintiff lawsuit alleging race and national origin discrimination and retaliation.
- Representation of manufacturing companies against EEOC charges filed by former employees en masse.
Representation of a hotel in an election objections hearing before the NLRB.
- "Antitrust for Employment Lawyers and HR Professionals: What You Need to Know," Webinar, presented by Seyfarth Shaw LLP (November 7, 2016)
- Co-Author, "SCOTUS Issues Decision in Pregnancy Accommodation Discrimination Case Against UPS," One Minute Memo, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (March 25, 2015)
- “Corporate Criminal Liability versus Corporate Securities Fraud Liability: Analyzing the Divergence in Standards of Culpability,” American Criminal Law Review, Vol. 46 (2009)
- Illinois Shorthair Rescue, Volunteer (October 2012-Present)
Cabrini Green Legal Aid, Young Professionals Board (January 2014-Present)