Stacy D. Shartin, partner in the Los Angeles office, will be speaking at the upcoming Beverly Hills Practising Law Institute seminar, Acquiring or Selling the Privately Held Company. The seminar will focus on:
- Understand the Terms of the Acquisition Agreement
- Use Letters of Intent to Maximize Strategic Advantage
- Structure and Negotiate Earn-Outs
- Recognize and Deal with Non-Corporate Law Issues
- Address Key Issues in Selling Divisions or Subsidiaries
Stacy's presentation will cover Labor and Employment Law Issues. Giving a review of collective bargaining agreements, purchaser’s duty to bargain as a successor employer, accretions, successors and assigns clauses, bargaining over the decision and/or effects of a sale; notice requirements for plant closings and mass layoffs under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act of 1988; assessment of seller’s employment law practices.
Presentation Date & Time: July 9th, 2:45 p.m.
For more information, or to register, please visit the event's website at www.pli.edu