As of April 1, 2016, new amendments to the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing’s regulations will require all employers with 5 or more employees to update their anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policies and their mandatory harassment prevention training for supervisors and managers. Join Seyfarth Shaw’s California Workplace Solutions Group for a webinar explaining these changes and other recent developments under California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act:
- New guidance on transgender employee rights, gender identity, and gender expression
- New must-include language for anti-discrimination, harassment and discrimination policies
- “Due Process”, documentation and tracking for sexual harassment internal complaint procedures
- Updates needed mandatory supervisor/manager training
- Does your handbook/policy really need to mention DFEH and EEOC?
- New regulations vs. best practices
We will also preview our upcoming in-person sessions on tips for crafting your California Employee Handbooks.