Ivette Delgado, Senior Public Relations Associate
(212) 218-5273, firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW YORK (November 3, 2011) — Leading law firm Seyfarth Shaw LLP has been honored for its innovative approach to the business of law and has received several top rankings by the Financial Times (FT) in the publication's annual Financial Times U.S. Innovative Lawyers Report 2011. The recognitions reflect the multi-year efforts of the firm's leadership, partnership and staff to drive quality and efficiency in the delivery of client service.
Seyfarth Shaw was named to the top 10 in the FT's Top 25 index of innovative law firms in the United States. At an event held in New York November 2, Seyfarth Shaw's Chairman and Managing Partner J. Stephen Poor received FT's highest individual honor and was recognized among a group of 10 of the profession’s leading innovators as "Legal Innovator of the Year" for 2011.
"It's truly an honor to be recognized among such a talented group of attorneys and I'm proud of the work we do at Seyfarth Shaw," Poor said. "We believe our successes are the result of our continuous commitment to bringing the best value and service to our clients, and we will continue to push the innovation envelope to best meet their needs."
The firm's additional accolades include the following:
- Ranking first among all entries in the business of law category, the firm received "Stand Out" (highest honors) for its innovative SeyfarthLean client-service model. Our SeyfarthLean model combines the core principles of Lean Six Sigma with robust technology, knowledge management, process management techniques and alternative fee structures to create value-based relationships.
- The firm also received "Highly Commended" for innovative work in the business of law for facilitating a multi-national transaction for a large financial institution. The Seyfarth team applied project management skills and tools to transform the financial institution’s experience of legal services.
- The firm received a "Commended" rating in the business of law category for its cross-border business model for international employment-law services, delivering a global service to some of the world’s largest companies, resulting in a more commercial, consistent and high-quality product.
- The firm's work on public-private partnerships in the state of Georgia received a "Commended" rating in the area of finance. The firm helped spur commercial development and created jobs in the state through innovative tax structuring and partnerships.
Known internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy, the Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business and news information organizations. This year, the report’s rigorous submission and referral process included more than 272 submissions from 53 Am Law 200 firms to reach the final rankings. Entries were scored on originality, rationale and impact of the work.
Seyfarth Shaw has over 750 attorneys located in 10 offices throughout the United States, including: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Sacramento, San Francisco and Washington, D.C., as well as internationally in London. Seyfarth Shaw provides a broad range of legal services in the areas of labor and employment, employee benefits, litigation, corporate and real estate. The firm’s clients include over 300 of the Fortune 500 companies, and our practice reflects virtually every industry and segment of the economy. For more information, please visit www.seyfarth.com.