Facebook! Twitter! LinkedIn! For better or worse, employers have been faced with an unprecedented surge in the use of social media in the workplace. While many employers have embraced the benefits of this technology for recruiting, client development, and other business purposes, the rapid evolution of social media and the activities of employees have created legal challenges for employers.
Cyberbullying, harassment, protected concerted activity, employment discrimination, confidential company information, and employee privacy rights are all issues that employers have been forced to struggle with when addressing the use/misuse of social media by employees and management.
Please join us for a discussion of what every employer needs to consider regarding recent legal developments involving social media and the workplace, including:
- Best practices and policies: employee relations, misconduct, and privacy.
- Recent legislation and cases involving employee social media accounts.
- Developments in NLRB enforcement regarding protected concerted activity and the use of social media.
- Use of social media to attract and screen potential employees.
- Social media and the protection of company trade secrets and other confidential information.
- Use of social media to win in litigation.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com and reference this event.