Government Relations and Policy
Seyfarth’s Government Relations Practice Group (GRPG) represents clients with issues relating to federal and state laws, regulations, and policies. The GRPG provides legal expertise regarding the actions of Congress, federal, state, and local administrative agencies. With the addition of former high ranking individuals from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the U.S. Department of Labor, and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Seyfarth Shaw is well positioned to provide ongoing education and advocacy on policy issues. The multidisciplinary team of attorneys and advisors serves to identify key legal and regulatory issues of interest to clients, and helps coordinate clients around certain regulatory issues, to develop solutions and defenses for the employer community.
Specifically, the team is equipped to do the following:
- Understand, communicate, and educate the impact of the policy developments important to Seyfarth clients;
- Track and influence key legislation, regulations, and court rulings that impact employers;
- Build coalitions with organizations and individuals who are focused on employer issues;
- Provide analysis and input on legislation and other regulatory developments;
- Provide testimony before Congress and government agencies;
- Author written submissions on key policy issues including amicus briefs, legislative comments to agencies, and others; and,
- Produce white papers, studies, and reports on important issues to clients.